You’re Parenting Style is…
You’re stable, selfless, patient, and calm. You strive for peaceful relationships and environments and will put others’ needs before their own in order to achieve this.
You tend to avoid conflict because it causes intense stress that you then internalize. However, you create a strong sense of security and grounding for their children and are very committed and loyal to their families.
On the flip side, because you dislike change, you tend to be stubborn and may be seen as inflexible.
How to make the most of your time as a nurturer parent…
- [communication] conflict management – when you get stressed you get stubborn and internalize your feelings and communication shuts down – telling you to worry less is not helpful however learning a few conflict resolution strategies will help keep communication open and help you avoid saying things you don’t mean when you’re stressed
- [independence] You may give of yourself to the point that you no longer take time for your own wants and needs. Try to balance this. stop doing so much for them – it’s time for them to take on a few responsibilities of their own.
- “Read ‘Boundaries with Kids,’ by Cloud and Townsend. Think of the future spouse when you are tempted to do everything for them.” – WD
- [routines] “Recognize that your child’s style is probably different than your own. Allow him/her to operate in their style. Give them freedom to fail.” – help them take on some responsibilities – you’ll feel better when you with boundaries when you’ve got routines in place – easier to let go as the standard is set. make the decision once
Hold up — let me introduce myself!
Hey there, I’m Marina Gabor 👋 I’m the mother of three teenage daughters. When I’m not driving them to work or extra-curricular activities, I’m changing lives as a Babysitting and Home Alone course instructor!
Yep, you heard right — whether it’s helping kids learn how to manage themselves at home alone, or taking care of siblings or other people’s kids, I empower kids to take responsibility for their actions and give them practical ways to demonstrate maturity – so [XXX rambling – need to tighten up and get clear on exactly what and how] and, I give parents the guidance they need to help them navigate those tumultuous pre-teen and teen years.
Think you could use a little extra support? Register your child for a Home Alone or Babysitter Course! Together, we’ve got this 🙌
Looking for a few more resources? Fill up on these…
1. Follow me on Twitter and Facebook to stay in the loop with my workshop schedule. Plus you’ll find a backlog of need-to-know managing the pre-teens and teens hacks! [XXX rework this]
2. Free 20 minutes Parenting webinar/podcast on Tuesdays at 2pm. Click here to subscribe (webinar ninja) get replays in your inbox so you can watch them on your time
3. Check out my courses that are ready to help you help your child build their independence – safely. oakfieldsafety.com/safety