Stay Safe!/Home Alone Course (Virtual)
August 11 & 12th (Wednesday/Thursday 4:30pm-6:30pm Vancouver Time)
August 25th & 26th (Wednesday/Thursday 4:30pm-6:30pm Vancouver Time)
- Importance of responsibility and respect while being accountable for yourself
- Importance of setting and following rules around safety when staying on your own
- How to stay safe at home and within the community
- How to prepare, recognize and respond to unexpected situations, (i.e. inclement weather, strangers, unanticipated visits)
- First Aid Content:
- Check, Call, Care (includes phoning EMS/911)
- Recovery position
- Conscious choking (adult/child/alone)
- Feeling unwell
- Asthma (includes use of inhaler and spacer)
- Anaphylaxis (includes use of EpiPen)
- Insect stings
- Wound care (i.e. minor cuts and scrapes, splinters, nosebleeds, bumps and bruises, life-threatening bleeding, burns)
Stay Safe! Workbook (included)
4 hours of interactive, virtual instruction over two days
1 home assignment (approx. 1 hour)
Students will need internet access, and must have a both a working mic, and web camera.
You’ll receive the class link in your registration, and reminder emails.
While this is an interactive course for students, parents are required to be at home (off-camera) for the duration of each course session.