Stay Safe! Home Alone Course April 12th & 14th
Let’s help your child take the next step toward independence!
Here’s what they’ll learn
- Importance of responsibility and respect while being accountable for yourself (pages 6-7)
- Importance of setting and following rules around safety when staying on your own (pages 4-5)
- How to stay safe at home and within the community (page 9)
- How to be prepared for the weather (page 8)
- What to do in case of a fire (pages 13-14)
- How to deal with a stranger at the door (page 4)
- How to prepare, recognize and respond to unexpected situations (page 12)
- How to care for cuts, scrapes, and major bleeding (pages 26-27)
- The easiest way to remember what to do in an emergency (pages 18-19)
- The safest way to leave an injured person if you need to go for help (page 21)
- Multiple ways to help a choking victim clear their airway (pages 21-22)
- How to take care of themselves when not feeling well (page 30)
- How to use an inhaler and spacer (pages 23-24)
- How and when to use an EpiPen (page 25)
- Who to call if they’re accidentally poisoned (pages 11 & 30)
- Easy care for insect stings (page 31)
- PLUS suggestions for routines, talking to parents, and much more!
Meet your child’s instructor…
Marina Gabor (AKA Mrs. G)
Marina took her Babysitting course at the High River library when she was 11.
Since then, she has babysat more children than she can count. And is raising three kids of her own.
She believes that children are worth investing in and have the potential to make a real difference.
Marina is like no other educator in the industry. Her teaching method gets kids thinking about what is possible – how showing up responsibly will give them a brighter future.
She’s here to help your child build confidence…
…and develop skills that will help them take care of themselves and others.
Is this course right for my child?
And other questions you may be asking…
How old does my child have to be to take the course?
Students ages 9-13 are welcome to register. (Students that are 8 years old but have completed grade 3 are also invited to register.)
Will my child get a certificate?
Yes! Students that complete the assignments and actively participate in both virtual course sessions will receive a certificate.
What technology do I need?
You’ll need a reliable internet connection, a keyboard, a mic, and web camera. Students will participate by text comments, by voice responses, and by video when demonstrating skills.
When does the course start and finish?
Check course dates for start and finish dates. We have courses running every month.
Is there a course manual?
Students receive a Stay Safe! workbook in the mail after the class. The workbook offers students a great way to review what they’ve learned in the class.
How does my child access the class?
We use WebinarNinja for all our classes. It’s super easy to use. Your child will get their own class link. When it’s class time, they click the link and it will take them directly to the class.
What do I do if I need help?
Email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (M-F 9am-5pm Pacific Time) 778 930 0346.